Wednesday, September 22, 2010

When in Rome.. be generous

A lesson in generosity.
While walking back from the market I happened to notice this little old man sitting in an alley way. I was particularly fond of photographing pigeons that week, so I considered my self very lucky to find someone feeding them. I saw his bags and thought how sweet he went to the market and bought some extra bread just to feed the birds. Upon closer inspection I noticed that all his worldly belongings were actually stuffed into the bags.
 How is it that this poor man who had no place to call home could share his meager lunch with these birds? Easily, they ate and slept in the same placed, he knew their hardships, they were neighbors.
A lesson in generosity: even when you feel you have nothing to give, there is always someone with less then you.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment