Tuesday, April 6, 2010

360' self portrait


A strange self portrait.
In the background is the woods in my Grandma's yard. The table cloth is the same one I ate summer breakfasts on since I was 3 years old. Inside the Baoding ball is my reflection (camera in hand). If you look even closer you will see her house in the background. The second story window is my childhood bedroom.
This magic of this reflection is that it allows you to simultaneously view the future, past & present, while providing a 360' view of an environment that shaped the person i am today.
We are like plants , we receive nourishment from our environment and it shapes us into the beautiful people that we are.

About the Baoding Ball: Regulates and excites the cerebrum and central nervous system, also improves fine motor movements in hand.


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. I love your profile statement Mercy, I feel the same way. Too bad we didn't get to know each other more before I moved. Would've enjoyed having more time to go get coffee with ya. I like your attitude about life and it's so true. I was stuffy too and then I loosened up and I am having way more fun. I like the balance of head in the clouds and feet on the ground (sometimes). -Stacy Diehl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercy- You have traveled the ages through this blog post.. Congrats on the depth and scope of your internal understanding... This is one of your finer pcs. in my humble opinion. Your are playing , planning and reflecting in a singular moment...transcending time and space..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous photo! :)

    ReplyDelete