Monday, March 29, 2010


This is the first official image I am posting to my blog. Now truth be told I'm known as a wedding & portrait photographer, which is a very true statement. This photograph is a prime example of what I do in my "free time". I love to shoot shadows & reflections. I have yet to meet a client that asks, " Can you please take a picture of my shadow?" Although, I would be more than happy to oblige. I have found if someone is actually paying you to photography them, they want to be visible in the shot, go figure.
A shadow is merely a suggestion of the human form. A silhouette so to speak. As a child i was very fond of paper cut-out dolls and shadow puppets. This is what happens when you are the youngest of 5 children in a family that "sometimes" had a T.V. (you learn to amuse yourself). Perhaps someday my shadows will become a series and some savvy art collector will say " Ah shadows, sheer brilliance, I must have them all". Until then, i will continue to amuse my self creating paper-dolls from my shadows.

3 comments:

  1. LOL - we didn't always have TV either, and now my husband and I have been without it since 2004. We've never been happier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, i love the go figure part about the shadow an the client lol. I know that some day that someone will come along and pick you up, and you will become big time. I can see your work in magazines, and maybe your own magazine. You are very talented, creative, outgoing, smart young lady. The themes and the inspirations from your photos stem from many different ideas, places, shapes, and feelings. I can sense that the passion you have for photography will touch the buyers and touch those who may view in the same way. Meaning that the people that dont purchase your art will still love the person behind the photo, which is you mercy. Im very happy for you and i know you will make your kids proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the youngest of 6 and can totally relate! Love this photo. Love how your shoes/boots look so huge in it. :) Keep going, this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete